Friday, January 9, 2015

What Your Words Can Mean to Your Students

The author of this insightful article, says it all in her first sentence recalling a familiar saying, "Sticks and stones can hurt my bones, but names can never hurt me."  Because of her own experience in school,  Cheryl Mizerny is very aware  that the language she uses in class can either uplift or destroy.  Sometimes it takes only one teacher to acknowledge and support supports, even in casual conversations.  We'll never know how we truly affect our students in the long run but each day our words do make a difference in their lives.  Any stories you'd like to share with our readers?  Please use the Comments section below.


I am my words.  Cheryl Mizerny.  12.4.14.  SmartBlog on Education
http://smartblogs.com/education/2014/12/04/i-am-my-words/



No comments:

Post a Comment