Thursday, August 30, 2012

How Can I Improve My Questions With Students?

Ben Johnson references Robert Marzano's book,  Classroom Instruction that Works in this article. Johnson has shared 3 specific actions teachers can do to improve questioning. We need to get the students talking rather than the teacher talking. He recommends preparing questions when you make lesson plans and then scaffold the questions.  Very interesting article and I highly recommend it for all our Title I teachers. 
What interesting ways are you planning to engage more student discussion by thinking about questioning strategies?  What have you done in the past?  How are you planning to change my approach?  How do you know if it works?  Comments welcome.

Three Steps for ImprovingTeacher Questions. Ben Johnson. 6.26.12. edutopia.
http://www.edutopia.org/blog/improving-teacher-questions-ben-johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment